Who can book, what facilities and when?
We offer turns primarily to youth groups who operate in Helsinki, youth organizations and school groups, who can use our facilities for free. For other groups the price is determined by pricing that is accepted by the youth committees’ decision.
Group 1: Free of charge
- The facilities/youth houses own activity
- Helsinki-based youth groups and organizations
- Organizations that are registered in Helsinki
- Helsinki City’s own divisions/sectors
Group 2: According to the price list
- Other users
Facilities you can book from Environmental Education Unit (Ympäristötoiminnan nuorisotyöyksikkö):
Bengtsårin leirisaari – Bengtsår Camping Island
Granön leirisaari – Granö Camping Island
Laajasalon nuorisotalo – Laajasalo Youth House
Meriharjun luontotalo, Uutelan kämppä – Meriharju Nature House, Uutela Cabin
Pauligin huvila – Paulig Villa
Seikkailutalo – Adventure House
Vartiosaaren kesätoimintakeskus – Vartiosaari Summer Activity Centre
Östersundomin leirikeskus – Östersundom Camp Centre
Other facilities that emphasize nature/animal activities:
Application-Time in 2018
The Youth Division have two application-times for permanent use of facilities, one in the spring and one in the autumn. Inquiries about reserving facilities for single sessions can be made to the relevant Youth Centre throughout the year.
Spring-season: Permanent turns are applied for season 7.8. – 31.5.
- The application has to be at the destination at the latest of 28.4.
Autumn-season: The Course and Camp Center turns are applied for season 1.1. – 31.12.
- The application has to be at the destination at the latest of 15.9., at 16.00 pm.
Temporary/single turns: throughout the present year
- Outside of our official application times (see spring and autumn above) you can inquire single turns by e-mail or calling.
How to fill the application
Fill all this information carefully to the application-form:
- The name/organizations name, person in charge and possible registry number/ID/social security number
- Primary shift and secondary time if we can’t grant your first choice
- Name of the space you want to reserve if it’s not written in the application
- The nature of the event you want to use our facilities
Sending the application: spring and autumn season
Bengtsår Camping Island
Granö Camping Island
Laajasalo Youth House
Meriharju Nature House & Uutela Cabin
Vartiosaari Summer Activity Centre
Östersundom Camp Centre
Application / Name of the facility
00099 Helsingin kaupunki (City of Helsinki)
You will get a decision directly from the place where you have applied. As far as practical matters, orientation and keys are concerned, you are contacted with the staff or you can contact the staff yourself.
Accepting the turn
When you receive a notification of a given turn, write it down and make an agreement with the staff of the specific facility about all the practical matters.
Possible cancellations must always be made directly to the facility where your turn has been granted. Cancellations are best done in writing by e-mail or by calling.
We will always charge a cancellation fee of EUR 50.00 for cancellations made later than 14 days before the beginning of the turn.